Before LOEWER introduced the SwingGrinder in 2009 there were two main methods for deburring laser-cut or punched metal parts. Either this was done manually using power tools or expensive through-feed machines were used. The Original LoewerSwingGrinder bridges the gap between the two and offers the semi-automatic solution.
The grinding head consists of two rotating disc tools mounted to a swinging arm equipped with a weight compensation device. This grinding head is guided over the workpiece by hand and grinding pressure is applied manually from above. The inside and outside edges of the workpiece are processed efficiently from all angles and directions. The grinding head can be tilted 180° , thus allowing for speedy switching from a deburring disc to a rounding disc for example.
- three to four times faster than manual deburring
- Easy-to-use with swinging arm and weight compensation
- High friction table cover, dust drawer and extraction outlet
- Rotatable head with deburring and edge rounding tools
- Numerous safety features including automatic motor shutdown when head is tilted and pneumatic brakes for swinging arm
- For laser-cut, plasma-cut and punched parts
- Processing of foil-covered or zinc-plated parts
- Processing of steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Table size: 800mm x 1400mm (fully usable)
For holding down smaller and lighter workpieces. For most applications the vacuum device is often not required but it can be ordered at a later stage should it become necessary.
Quick-Fix Tool Connector
Quick-Fix tool connector for speedier changing of discs e.g. when alternating between steel and stainless steel.
Dust Extraction Unit
Loewer offers a range of dust extraction units for removing harmful abrasive dust. Depending on the application they are available for wet or dry processing.
SoftDisc with soft pad for deburring mild steel or aluminium.
Legally-protected CompactDisc for removing higher burrs and spatter on stainless steel
MediumDisc for edge rounding, available in different grit sizes and hardnesses.
OrbitalDisc for creating a non-directional finish with the Löwer Orbital device for which there is a patent pending.
Flexible SmartFlexDisc for edge rounding foil-coated, zinc-coated or slightly deformed metal parts.
Range of Machines